Last week , after our Oban to Norway trip, one of our guests described the trip as ‘a trip of firsts’.
- My first proper sea crossing (after a milebuilding trip on Velvet Lady last year from Plymouth to Oban)
- My first proper seasickness!
- First time in Norway
- First time crossing the Arctic circle
- First walk to a Glacier
- First Oil rigs seen at sea
- First time hailed in the face whilst helming
- First time shower aboard a boat
We sailed 1100 miles to get from Oban to Bodo, with various stops in the Hebrides as well as a few special places on the Norwegian coast. The weather was a bit of a mixed bag – with calm then gales, rain then sun, cold then warm all to be expected on an ocean crossing.
We will be returning from Kristiansund to Plymouth (via the Hebrides) in September, and if you fancy a trip of firsts and 1100 miles for your log book, there are still a few spaces. This will be the last of our 1000 mile plus trips, as next year, we are breaking all of the milebuilding trips into ‘shorter chunks!’