With 330 miles to go between Bodo and Kristiansund the weather forecast was not kind to us – there was likely to be a southerly gale on day 3 so we needed somewhere secure to ‘hole up’!
Our first day sail took us to Inndyr, and then on to Ornes with stunning scenery and snow still on the mountains. Then in Ornes we sat tight for 24 hours as the barometer fell, the wind howled and the rain came down in sheets!
Ready to dodge the next gale we set out on a long passage to Berg, which we made even longer when we realised the next gale was ‘delayed for 12 hours’ and anchored just north of Rorvik.
The wind had eased to a 6 and shifted more westerly as we set off south from Rorvik, but there was a nasty – new wind old sea sea state – so after 12 hours having tacked south to clear the rocks of Bulholmrasa we entered into the inshore passage again for a bit of a rest. Stunning Scenery, narrow fjords, lots of traffic and thankfully flat sea allowed us to make a lot more progress south than if we had stayed offshore. The south west wind continued and so it was a beat all the way to the finish – when the sun came out and the wind died!
Thanks folks for a great trip